Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Everything At Once

Where do I even start? Last Friday I was supposed to have my first appointment with my new doctor (after being transferred early for failing by glucose test by 4 stupid points). When I called them on Tuesday to ask what I should expect, whether or not they were going to have me do a 3 hour test, and pricing info I got the worst answer possible. "I'm not a doctor or a nurse practitioner, so I don't know." Uhm, really? I need for you to try again. I could not believe it. This is going to be my FIRST visit at your office and the answer I get is that? For those who don't know, you have to fast for 8 hours prior to a glucose test. My main concern was that if I didn't fast then I wouldn't be able to do the test. So I reluctantly left it at that and hung up....it definitely caught me off guard. Wednesday I decided that I could not just sit with that, so I called back. I still did not get a clear answer of what to expect but she told me that they probably wouldn't do a glucose test because I would have to go to the lab for that. Well if my appointment is at YOUR office and NOT the lab, then yea I'd think it's pretty safe to say that. Luckily she was also able to give me info on pricing.

Friday morning comes and I make it to the office. The receptionist told me it would be $2250. I told her I knew that was the total price but that the previous person I spoke with told me that I could break it up into payments as long as I had paid in full by the time I was 36 weeks. The receptionist acted like this was blasphemy and asked who I spoke to. I had no idea. So she asked me to have a seat and about 15 minutes later called me back up and said they could do a payment. Really? Gee thanks. I "lost" my debit card in the house somewhere and could not find it ANYWHERE last week. I had already called the bank and was waiting on my new card but had been reduced to using checks in the meantime. Guess who didn't take checks? So as I left to go to the bank I made the decision that I did not want to go back there. I went home and started stressing out. Finding a doctor when you are almost 31 weeks, with no insurance is difficult.

About 20 minutes later my Pops calls me and says that he needs to get his affairs in order this upcoming week. Great. He had 3 doctors appointments last week so I knew that he didn't get good news from at least one of them. Wonderful. I didn't know for sure what was going on and I didn't want to ask, so I had to wait until Monday to talk about it with him. My mind just started going bonkers with the possibilities.

To say it has been a stressful weekend is an understatement. It snowed Friday afternoon on top of it. Watching Carson and Vernon play in the snow made me take a step back and realize that that's what it's all about. With everything going on, at the end of the day we have a strong family and we have been through so much already there's no way this is going to set us back. If it comes down to it, I'll hug a tree and push Chandler out. My Pops' health has never been the greatest, so all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But pretty soon we'll be a family of four and all I can do is focus on being happy about that.